Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Tchau Parelheiros!

My dearest family,

Well the news around here.. there has been an emergency transfer in the mission and I have been transferred! I will be saying tchau to Parelheiros tomorrow morning and find out where the Lord is sending me now. I trust in Him and although it is sad to leave this special area (almost 3 transfers here!), I know the Lord has a great work for me to do in the next area. As for the happenings in Parelheiros this last week, Sister Soares da Silva and I have definitely been working hard! haha (it wasn't funny at the time) one night, in the middle of the night, Sister S. da Silva woke up in tears saying, Oh, my legs! We walk a LOT- It is a blessing because 1- no need to do any other form of exercise, and 2- We have many opportunities to talk to people and invite them to learn about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Remember Guilherme? Yesterday he bore his testimony!!!! AND both he and Mateus will be receiving the Priesthood next Sunday! Oh, this is the joy of missionary work. It is truly the greatest joy I have ever experienced. Being a missionary is far from easy. But ALL of it is worth it when you see these souls come unto Christ and receive the restored gospel. I love being a missionary! Serving with Sister Soares da Silva has also been a great blessing this transfer. We have had many spiritual experiences together and we truly have come to be close friends- I will cherish our friendship, and more importantly our companionship, forever.

I know the Savior lives. I know that He was chosen by God to be our Savior, and I know that we each accepted Him as our Savior before this life. I promise that as we continue to accept Him through faith, repentance, renewing and honoring our sacred covenants, and living the principles He taught, we will be blessed eternally.

Sister Thornhill 

No comments:

Post a Comment