Monday, July 28, 2014

July 21, 2014

Dearest family,

I have been transferred finally haha! I received the call just now from President himself. I will be serving in the area of Jardim Capinas, Zona Casa Grande. I am heading not all the way, but back towards good ole Parelheiros (Parelheiros is in the Casa Grande stake). I have also received a calling as a Sister Training Leader, which is the biggest change! I dont really know how that happened, but I know the Lord will help me in this great responsibility to help the sisters in our mission fulfill their purpose. We have SO many sisters, and I have grown close to so many of these amazing sisters already. So I am beyond thrilled to get to know each one even better! My new companion is Sister Keuster (its a german name). She is so great, I am so excited!! We are going to "pegar fogo" this next transfer together.:) She is Brasilian, but her family moved to London, England about 6 years ago, so she speaks English fluently- My first transfer with an english speaker, wahoo! It's going to be fun. :) She is a dancer too!

I have learned on my mission that changes are good, because they always bring new opportunities to grow- spriritually, mentally, and in every other way. This is one thing I love about the gospel of Jesus Christ- We always have boundless opportunities to GROW and become more like the Savior. One of my very favorite hymns is "More Holiness Give Me." It is all about becoming more like our perfect Savior Jesus Christ. We should never be afraid of changes, if these changes will bring us closer to Christ. I testify that each one of us really has the potential to BECOME like our Savior and our Heavenly Father. Therefore would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father whois in heaven is perfect.- It is interesting to note that the footnote in the scriptures to the word "perfect" is about this being a process of growth. This is so true.
I love you and pray for you always! XOXO Until next week! Tchau!

Sister Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment