Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Dear Family,

Wow, I couldn't be happier or be more blessed! (Well thats what we think, but then Heavenly Father proves us wrong, always, blessing us more and more.) I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! Missionary work is the greatest and most spiritually rewarding work that exists! I just wish I could put my love/excitement of the restored gospel and missionary work into the hearts of everyone! This week, my companion Sister Kuster and I taught the Plan of Salvation like crazy! just about every lesson and street contact. This is one of our goals/vision as a companionship- is for all we teach and talk to, to really understand the plan of salvation, and especially about eternal families! President Dalton said there are 2 things most people have never heard about: First, the first vision and restoration of the gospel. Second, God's plan of happiness for our families. How is it possible to experience true conversion without a knowledge of BOTH? One doesn't make sense without the other.

The work of the Lord is really going, always someone to share the gospel with. Blessings! Miracles! My companion Sis Kuster and I are seeing miracles! Since we are opening the area, we started at zero. But after much prayer, faith and even fasting during the week, we already have a group of about 20 investigators with great potential to be baptized in the coming weeks, and several at church. I am gaining a more profound testimony of faith leading to miracles. In reality, miracles are easy, and happen frequently..If we just have sufficient faith! We had a leadership training meeting this week where we were taught the importance of leading IN THE LORD'S WAY, and not our own. This applies in every thing that we do in life- We must serve the way and manner the LORD would serve, love the way He would, teach what He would teach, pray to Heavenly Father with the real intent that He prayed with to the Father, lead, teach and strengthen our families in THE LORD'S WAY. 3 Nephi 27:27 "Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily, I say unto you, even as I am." I just have such a desire to be more like the Savior in all that I do, and in all callings He has extended to me. In my opinion, this isn't the hardest part, the actual becoming more like Him- this is very possible. The hardest part is "surrendering" our hearts to Him (Helaman 3:35), and letting Him change us. This is the part that takes great faith. But thanks to Him, it is completely possible.

I LOVE MY SAVIOR. I feel His love around me always as I help others understand this love He has for them. We should never ever let ourselves doubt this love!


http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=911104796001

Love,

Sister Katie Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment