Friday, September 13, 2013

MTC WEEK 2


Dearest Family,

I have been thinking about you all week- How was Florida? I want to hear all about it! Also, thank you so very much for the package you sent me this week! I loved it! I love you! I also got a package from Sister Barlow- Does that surprise anyone? No- She is truthfully one of the most Christlike people I know. Whenever we are taught about teaching people, not lessons, I think of Sister Barlow's selfless example as a visiting teacher. If you think about it, there are so many people Heavenly Father has put in our life to be examples for us. I am so blessed to have all of you, each and every one. I realize more than ever how powerful a righteous example and influence can be in our lives. And also how much power we can receive as we are the ones having that kind of an influence in the lives of others.

Week 2 here in the MTC was pretty great. It's amazing how much you learn every single day here. There isn't even time to look back and see how far you've grown! But then you look back and even pray about it, and you realize just how much the Lord has already been helping you. I keep thinking, okay I'm ready to speak Portuguese now, bring on the gift of tongues. But that's not how the Lord works. We must struggle in our faith to build faith. And as we build our faith, we must show our faith through diligence and courage and trust in the Lord. And when we show and truly exercise our faith, that's when the miracles happen. I know I will be able to speak Portuguese in time, but right now I must "Pray like everything depends on the Lord. Then work like everything depends on me." (I don't know where that quote comes from but my friend Tiffany shared it with me and I think it's awesome)

Last night in class, Brother Buttars taught us about reaching our full potential as missionaries. It was so great. It made me think about something I heard once about letting the Lord act. We have to let the Lord act in order to fulfill our purpose, and God's purposes for us. And as we continue to do this, we prepare ourselves for greater purposes. For example, Nephi- The Nephi that built a ship was not the same Nephi who killed Laban. Nephi was continually prepared for greater purposes in his life.

There is so much to say but so little time! A few more things I want to say:

-We sang "Where Can I Turn For Peace" in choir this week. Our director told us that this song is like a conversation between a missionary and an investigator. The investigator asks "Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace? ...Where can I run?" The missionary: "He, only one (Jesus Christ). Constant he is and kind, Love without end."

-We have a new teacher, Irmao Gray- We love him!

-One of the elders in our district is on a flight to Brazil right now, he got his visa! But no more luck with visas here

-We should always bear witness of the Father, as well as the Son. It was the Father, not the Son, who was the first voice of this dispensation: "This is my Beloved Son, Hear Him." Sometimes as missionaries we forget to testify of The Father. I love my Heavenly Father

That's all my time for today. I love you!!! Enjoy the pictures!

P.S.

There is a rumor that the sister missionaries will be singing at the general relief society meeting... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment