Tuesday, October 8, 2013

MTC WEEK 6 (Last week in MTC)

All right family, this is it! My time at the MTC is over, sadly. I have loved my time here and have really felt that this time has really been My Time with Christ. It has gone by super fast but also it seems like I've been here for ages. Tonight in our last class with Irmao Buttars we talked about life out in the mission field- He answered questions we had/calmed our nervousness. :) When we talked about contacting I got really excited because I remember contacting in Tennessee on my mini mission, and it was one of my favorite things- I loved talking to everyone as a missionary. There is a real power a missionary has when talking to people, and INVITING them to come closer to Jesus Christ and telling them about the restored gospel. It is the best feeling and I can't wait to do this for the next year and a half! My feelings right now knowing that I am hours away from being in the field finally: A little nervous of course, but everything else I feel is just excited and happy, and I think most of all GRATEFUL. I will never be able to thank my Heavenly Father enough for the calling He has extended to me to be a full-time missionary. President Nally (the MTC president) told us in our departure devotional last night (775 departing missionaries just this week!) that the time of this mission is short, but we will have a lifetime to remember the special and sacred experiences we will surely experience as a full-time missionary and representative of the Savior. He also said that the greatest miracle we can experience and be a witness of in this life is the MIRACLE OF CONVERSION, as a result of the MIRACLE OF THE ATONEMENT. Can't wait. I can't wait to bring Christ to others and witness HIS POWER in their conversion to His glorious restored gospel. Lives will be changed, and all of this is possible through Jesus Christ and His Atonement.

So, here I go and I couldn't be more happy. I am going to "go forth in faith to tell the world the Gospel is restored...and the joy of families." I am going to go forth with the courage to do what I know I have to do. I will strive my very best every day to be honorable to the Lord and exactly obedient. I will love my companions. I will live worthy of the Spirit and follow the promptings. I will live my mission with no regrets. And I am going to consecrate myself and my life to the Lord. I am going to "forget myself and go to work!" There are things that our Heavenly Father would all have us to- And He has provided the way for each of us to accomplish ALL of these things, and this way is, of course, only Jesus Christ.

I love you all very very much. Eu sei que Jesus Cristo e o nosso Salvador. Sei que Seu Evangelho e restaurado. Eu amo O Senhor. I wish I could say more but my time is up! Have a wonderful week!

Love,


Sister Katie Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment