Saturday, January 25, 2014

JAN. 20TH


I have little time today to write an email because my companion and I have to travel to the mission office. My companion is actually flying home today because of some personal issues. Hopefully I will have more time later today, but I don't think I will, so next week I really promise to write a good long email to all of you!

This week, well the last few weeks, has been different and somewhat challenging. We were serving in Santo Amaro for about a week waiting for our house to be ready in the new area. Now in the new area, we are starting from scratch- finding new investigators, getting to know the area (which is the biggest in the mission by the way haha- LOTS of walking here), getting to know the members,etc. This week we found lots of people who are interested in our message and I'm looking forward to teaching more lessons this week. I love teaching lessons- it's central to everything we do as missionaries. Have I mentioned how grateful I am for Preach My Gospel? It is SO inspired and helps, even guides us, in our teaching and striving to be better teachers and missionaries.
I will share a quick spiritual experience I had recently: We had a meeting this last week for all the sisters in the mission with President and Sister Pinho. It was so so wonderful! There are so many sisters here in our mission (and throughout the world!) It's really amazing and to me, it's a vision of how strong the women of the church are, and how very needed faithful, virtuous women are in our world today. I also loved how Pres. Pinho said that at the side of a great man is always a great woman. I hope to be this kind of a woman! How grateful I am for the many examples I have in my life who help me fulfill my potential as a daughter of God. Thank you!

I love you all so very much always. I love the Lord! This week is going to be full of hard work and miracles! :)
Sister Katie Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment