Monday, January 27, 2014

JANUARY 27TH, 2014



With all the changes that happened this week, one thing never changed- the joy I feel sharing the gospel each day!!!! I am loving my new area, Parelheiros, and hope to stay here for a while. It is so beautiful- lots of green!! It's not what you would picture the city of São Paulo being like at all really. This week was SO hot, but we also had a few huge rainstorms. I always love the rainstorms, it reminds me of NC. My new companion is Sister L. Silva! She is so great and how grateful I am to be serving with her! She is from Arcari (Northern Brasil) and has 11 months in the mission. I am so grateful for this opportunity to learn from all her experience. She has been a member for only 4 years and is just wonderful. Her testimony is so sincere and like it says in PMG, sometimes people may question the things you say intellectually, but no one can question a sincere, heartfelt testimony. Our district leader is also great- our first district meeting with him, he asked for the names of each of our family members and sincerely cares. The bishop of the ward here is Bishop Brito and he is probably the most humble person I've ever met. I love the people I serve with, and I love the people I serve. And most of all, I love the Lord and I know His love for us is the greatest love of all!
Have a wonderful week and always remember your worth in the eyes of our Heavenly Father.
Love,
Sister Katie Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment