Saturday, January 25, 2014

TRANSFERS! :)

Transfers were this last week and I have been transferred to a new area!!! The area of Parelheiros! Its the same situation as last transfer- the area has never had sisters serving there before, but we have 4 elders there. AND the big news... I AM TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!!!!! I can't believe the Lord and Presidente Pinho have entrusted ME with this great responsibility. I feel so unqualified to do this, but I know the Lord is on my side always and as I seek to know and do His will, everything will work out just fine. He will qualify us as His servants as we do His work with our all (D&C section 4). I am really happy, (a little nervous), and excited for this next transfer!!!!! :)

I think you are right on- less active people feel uncertain about coming to church, and feel that no one notices that they're not there or that they have the capacity to contribute- But that is Satan's way only- to make us feel that we can't do things, and especially feeling that no one cares about us. We are children of God! We have always been, and will always be. Our potential is divine and eternal. (Psalms 82:6- I think that's the right scripture, about our being children of GOD.)

President Pinho said the following in his email to me this week:

Querida Sister Thornhill;
Thank you for all your hard work. I just want you to know that the Lord knows your heart and desires, knows your potential and He trusts in all you do. Now, I want you to enjoy your mission. Trust in your potential. You are a great missionary. I know that you are training and opening a new area, but, remember that the Lord calls only who he knows and trust. So, don´t be afraide, The Lord will qualify you, ok? Your are His servant and you are on his errand. You are great, so smile, just your best, and He will bless you. Have fun.... This is a great expereience and it will make you a much better person, and I am here to help you. ok?

In my mind, this is what the Lord says to each one of us in our strivings to serve Him:

"Thank you for all your hard work. I want you to know that I know your heart and desires, I know your potential and trust in all that you do. Now, I want you to enjoy your life. Trust in your potential. You are a child of God. (You are a great mother, wife, husband, son, visiting teacher, home teacher etc). I know that you are doing and experiencing many hard things, but, remember that I have called you, because I know and trust YOU. So, don't be afraid; I will qualify you to do my work. You are my servant, and you are on my errand. You are great, so smile, just be your best, and I will bless you. This is a great experience in your life and it will make you a better person, and you will experience greater happiness than you can ever imagine. I am here always."

"LEARN OF ME AND LISTEN TO MY WORDS, WALK IN THE MEEKNESS OF MY SPIRIT, AND YE SHALL HAVE PEACE IN ME."

How very grateful I am for the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I know that the gospel is perfect. Our Father has provided the perfect plan for us- He sent His perfect Son to atone for us so that we could have "peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come." I love the Lord and how grateful I am for His life, example, and especially for His atoning sacrifice for us.

Sister Katie Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment