Monday, June 30, 2014

June 24, 2014

Dear Family,

Things are going great here- we learned today in our zone meeting about the importance of BELIEVING that miracles will happen. We won't baptize weekly if we don't believe we can. They showed a video clip from Star Wars when Yoda is saying to Anekin- "Use the force!" And Anekin gives up, and after Yoda succeeds Anekin says, "I don't believe it!" And Yoda responds- "That is where you went wrong." Nothing can happen (miracles/ invoking the powers of heaven) if we don't believe. Like Pres. Pinho always tells us- The heavens are willing to give us anything we ask, but we must first have faith (believe) and show our faith through our diligence.

I hope to become the missionary the Lord wants me to be. I have never been so aware of my weaknesses as I am here on the mission. And I also have never had such a great desire to change my weaknesses into strengths. How grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the way by which we do so. What a blessing. We don't have to just "let things happen" in our lives- We can make things happen. I testify of the truthfulness of this life principle. As we learned in this past general conference, we can't afford to "sleep through the restoration"- We are living in the dispensation of the fulness of times! We are here to help build the kingdom of God! We will never experience the changes the Lord intends for us without diligently acting upon our faith.

I love you and know that even moreso, the Lord loves you.

Sister Katie Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment