Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014

I was so happy to see pictures from Logan's farewell! Yay for missions! Log, I know everybody is probably telling you this already, but you really will be such a great missionary! :) Don't worry about anything- Only trust in the Lord.

I studied this morning the section in PMG about the power and authority of our calling as full-time missionaries of the Lord. "Você tem autoridade para pregar o evangelho...Ao exercer fervorosa e dignamente essa autoridade, você receberá poder espiritual, que é uma prova da veracidade de seu chamado." In English: "You have the authority to preach the gospel...As you exercise worthily this authority, you will receive SPIRITUAL POWER, that is evidence of the reality of your calling." My counsel to Logan- Live your mission every day so that you may be able to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ with not only authority, but with POWER.

This week I had a really special experience. After a long and somewhat trying day of missionary work, my companion and I were walking home and we ran into one of our recent converts, Guilherme. He was just getting home from FSY (Brazilian EFY). The first words out of his mouth to us were: "Thank you for teaching me the restored gospel. It has changed my life." He then told us about his experience at FSY and how he loves every single thing about the Mormon church. As he shared his simple testimony of the restored gospel, the scriptures, his desire to serve a mission and be sealed in the temple, I experienced a happiness I have never experienced before. I can honestly say that in that moment, I felt the greatest happiness I have ever felt in my life. He shook my hand with tears in his eyes, and tears in mine too as he thanked us. I told him the only person to thank is our loving Heavenly Father. It was a moment that I will always remember.

Love you all, out of time! Until next week!

Sister Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment