Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 24, 2014

My dear family,
It's transfer time again and I am staying here in this glorious area of Parelheiros! I will go wherever the Lord wants me to go, but I admit that I'm happy for the opportunity to continue to serve here and help this ward grow. This area is the biggest area in the mission- so it definitely has its challenges. But its an area with SO much potential to grow. Pres. Pinho visited the area a while back and said that one day there would be a temple here. I believe it. But now we have to focus on the little steps that will lead to this blessing, and take them in FAITH. Isnt that how life is? We each have these great big goals for our lives, and we have to realize that to reach them we must do the little things- those "small and simple things." And only by them are "great things brought to pass."
I was so happy to read Logan's first email from the MTC. It doesn't surprise me that he is district leader right off! He has such a strong and special spirit and testimony, and just love for people. I know the Lord will use his many spiritual gifts to save many souls there in Chile. I am praying for you Elder Passey! Shout out! haha I look back to my time at the MTC as a truly sacred time. I felt so close to the Lord there, and cherish the many special spiritual experiences I had there that prepared me to serve out in the field.

Thank you for all of the support and love I always feel from you all each week, and especially the birthday wishes this week! I love you!
Sister Katie Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment