Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Hello my dearest family!

First of all, in answer to the question about if we have a car and probably yes because our area is huge... of course not haha That would be a dream! We walk/hike/climb each and every hill in this area. It is the best. :) I think this is one of my favorite things about being a missionary- having things be not ideal and just laughing about it. Some of the times when my companion and I laugh the most is when we are literally hiking up a hill and it is painful, and we just laugh and say things like "Our next contact will be an elect!" or "Only miracles, Sister!" Speaking of companions, I have a new companion this transfer, Sister Soares da Silva- another Silva! I have yet to meet another Thornhill.. How grateful I am for her! Sister Soares da Silva is really the ideal mission companion. We have the same desire to do the work of the Lord, to consecrate ourselves in His service, to work hard (hike up those hills!), and the same vision of success. We are loving serving together here. Sister Soares da Silva is from Fortaleza, Brasil and has 3 months on the mission. She has been a member for 7 years and has the sweetest testimony. We are loving sharing our testimonies together, and I know the Lord will give us success as we continue in patience to do all things, stay faithful, be obedient and positive, and just trust in the Lord. I recently studied about the sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon and their missionary work. They were truly powerful missionaries and servants of the Lord. And because they were faithful and diligent in all things, the Lord blessd them with direction and success. I love Alma 17:11.
I have also been thinking a lot lately about how by "small and simple things are great things brought to pass." This week, we will have the opportunity (only twice in a year) to hear the words of the Lord, from prophets and apostles called of Him. I LOVE general conference. I wish I could put into the heart of every person my love for general conference. :) I love it so much. We will learn what "small and simple things" we need to learn and do in order to have more happiness and peace in our lives, here and in our lives to come- "peace in this life, and eternal life in the world to come." I invite each one of you, as a representative of the Savior Jesus Christ, to COME UNTO HIM through watching general conference this week. "Learn of me and listen to my words- walk in the meekness of my spirit and ye shall have peace inme. " I promise that as you do so, these "great things" can, and will come to pass. I love you and have felt so much love from you all while on my mission (and always). Thank you! Happy conference!!!
Sister Katie Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment