Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 3, 2014

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!!!!! I hope your day is really fun- If I was there I would make us a pear pie! And yes I sent you a package- its not much but I hope you like it!
Well my family, this week was somewhat of a trying one. But I know everything will be according to the will of the Lord as we continue to be "steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works." This is how we, despite the trials we will all face at times, stay happy and have peace in our hearts. I studied a little about faith and hope this week and love what PMG says: "Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill his promises to you. It is manifest in confidence, optimismenthusiasm, and patient perseverance." Also 2 Ne. 31: 20 "press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.." Brightness of hope!! We must overcome any discouragement we may face in our lives with the courage, optimism and faith the Lord has provided for us through His atoning sacrifice.
We had a really neat experiece the other day with one of our recent converts, Amanda (which by the way, both Guilherme and Amanda are off at a church youth camp this week!! What a blessing. This will do wonders for their growing testimonies of the restored gospel.) Amanda was talking about how in our lives we need to stay strong in the gospel amidst the evils of the world- she compared this to a rod of iron- She literally used the words right out of the Book of Mormon. We then asked, You do know this is in the Book of Mormon, right? With suprise she replied, "No" It was really cool and she said how this experience strengthened her testimony of the Book of Mormon. She is already preparing to serve a mission. Words cannot express my joy in seeing the hearts of these special children of God change. I love something I read this week from Pres. Eyring: "Sacrifice is made sweet to us when we treasure the joy it brings to another heart." Matt. 10:8- "Freely ye have received, freely give" There is no greater joy!
Love you all! Happy birthday week (and Carnival!!) ;)
Sister Katie Thornhill

Various pictures- The baptisms of the twins Mayara and Mariane, their brother Flavio, and the family of Guilherme, Mateus, Amanda e Geovana. Also a picture of the member we lived with for a while, Irma Carmen and the huge avocados that are here. She often made us "vitamina de abacate" haha, it is really a avocado shake- I never thought I would experience that, but its actually pretty good haha The other picture is of me and my 2 packages I recently received! OBRIGADAAA!!!! Also, we had the opportunity last week to go to the temple in São Paulo. It was so wonderful- I love being within the walls of the temple!







No comments:

Post a Comment